I am so excited to write this post. An amazing friend of mine, Tash from ThoughtfulTash, has created an amazing tag all about self-love and realising that you are amazing (which I am all for, seriously who doesn’t need some self love every so often) and it is so important. Tash is amazing for tagging me to do this tag because I want to get this out there to all you guys so you can do it too, it’s amazing! We are constantly tearing ourselves down as a society, so it’s important to make us realise our self-worth every once in a while!
- Post the award on your blog
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you
- Leave a link to the original tag creator (ThoughtfulTash) to get a bit more info about WHY this tag has been made!
- Write 10 things you love about YOURSELF and WHY
- Nominate at least 5 other bloggers
- In the comments of the blog post, spread more self-love with compliments to each other! THE MORE LOVE THE BETTER!
10 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MYSELF:
- I Love…Being Tall – Okay so I’m not the tallest girl I know, but I am pretty tall and I really like it. I feel like it’s so much more convenient for me; I can reach everything in tall spaces and I don’t have to worry about not being able to see things. I mean it does make buying jeans really hard because I have the gangliest spider legs that exist with really long arms too so everything is just a little bit short on my arms and legs but hey, tallness is cool.
- I Love…My Freckles – I’m the most typical pale girl covered in freckles and oh my god sometimes I totally despise them, but recently, as I’ve been getting (dare I say it?!) a slight tan, they’re blending into my skin a little bit and I really like them.
- I Love…My Spontaneity – Look, don’t get me wrong I am so anti social it’s insane but I like to think I’m quite spontaneous; I don’t zoom out on cute, instagram worthy adventures at the drop of a hat but I’m quite adaptable and I can be persuaded to do something pretty easily?
- I Love…My Love For Animals – I adore animals (apart from spiders and wasps, I could never see them again and it would be too soon) and I would never be able to live without them! I adore my cats (
here she goes again, a fifteen hour-long rant on her cats) and literally all other animals are so great and pure. Give me any animal and I will love it so much. Plus, people who love animals are easier to trust, right?
- I Love…How Outgoing I am – I can get along with everyone, even if I don’t really like them (please don’t be deceived by this – I like you all!) and I feel like I’m quite an easy to get along with person myself. I mean I’m probably not and everyone is probably screaming at me like ‘no we hate you’ but at least I can think this and how much I appreciate that quality of myself!
- I Love…My Humor – I am incredibly sarcastic, if you couldn’t tell, and I often put myself down with a good old self-deprecating joke but I secretly love to joke about myself and I laugh at basically anything.
- I Love…My Love Of Makeup – Well doesn’t this sound a bit shallow? Am I desperate to find things to love?
Maybe. NO! Here’s the thing; I am so unartistic it’s just mad like I can’t draw a cat it’s that bad. But, I feel like since I invest a lot of time and money into makeup and my face sometimes looks like a bit okay and well done. Sometimes my eyeshadow looks passable and it makes me feel nice and confident, plus I really enjoy doing it so yeah, I love it.
- I Love…My Resilience – I bounce back very easily from difficult and stressful situations. If something bad happens to me or something remotely stressing then I feel like I get back up and deal with it head on without trying to ignore it; very little effects me and makes me feel down really.
- I Love…My Eyes – I’ve always thought my eyes were a bit weird, they’re all the ‘generic’ eye colours (I say very loosely). They are blue-green and they have a weird brown tinge to them round the pupil. I never really liked them but more recently I’ve started to enjoy them more!
- I Love…My Blog – As much as I’m the worst at producing decent content or actually updating my blog, I love it and feel like it’s a part of me. It’s really helped me over the years to gain confidence (even though I wasn’t a super shy person in the first place) and to improve writing skills. It’s just an experience I don’t think many people get to go through (even though they totally could and should!) and I’m really glad I’ve got it as part of me.
Of course, these people I have nominated but if you want to do this tag then please feel free! I am so happy that Tash created this, it’s such an important tag for people to do! Everyone needs a little self-love every so often!