Featured image taken by me of a stream near my house.
The lovely Alanna from imagalaxygirl nominated me (in a fashion) for the One Lovely Blog Award! I loved the way she nominated people for this: it was so that if you were a particular like, so say you were the 20th like, and she had said that the 20th like was to be nominated , then you were nominated. It was really creative, I just explain things atrociously so you’ll have to go check out her post to find out how she did it! Again, thank you to Alanna and I’ll get onto the rules of the award.
- Each nominee must THANK the person who nominated them and link their blog in the post.
- They must include the rules and add the blog award badge as an image
- Must add 7 facts about them.
- Then nominate 15 people!
Seven Facts About Me:
In all honesty, there isn’t much to know about me that I don’t think you all know already, so some of these facts are a little weird and random as I’ve had a really hard timing coming up with them!
- I am not a very creative person. That’s right – I may be a blogger but I am the least artistic person I know. I used to be into writing stories a while ago, and would like to do that a little more sometimes but I always get stuck halfway through, give up and forget about it. My dream was to be an author when I was a lot younger and first got into reading, but now I’m not at all sure what I’d like to do. I envy people who can draw well or have a natural gift at writing narrative!
- I often indulge in a little retail therapy. I love shopping, which may or may not be a little sad though I feel like many of you are in the same boat. Ever since I was younger, one of my favourite activities was to go shopping but back then I’d just raid Disney Store and Claire’s Accessories and waste my money. Now, I love to shop in Topshop and Hollister mainly. I actually went shopping last weekend and did some pretty serious damage to my bank account – I consider myself on a spending ban for the rest of the month!
- I am really bad at falling asleep on a nighttime. I find it so hard to fall asleep at night, and then I end up staying awake all night long and waking up in the morning feeling like pure rubbish! I have improved slightly since I’ve started taking melatonin more often and limiting myself to the time I have on my phone before I go to bed (a quick tip for anyone like me would be to turn the brightness of your phone all the way down and turn night shift on when you’re looking at it in the dark as it is less of a strain on your eyes!)
- I’m doing DofE. That’s right, lazy old me is completing my Duke of Edinburgh award! I’m at the bronze level, and I was regretting it whilst we were on our ten mile practice walk a couple of weekends ago; the weather was horrible! It rained the most part, and at one point we were climbing a hill which was really muddy and it started to hail and I fell down the hill! It was a great laugh and I enjoyed being with my friends but it was equally tiring and freezing. For my physical section I’m doing walking/hiking – I’m not a sporty person so this was an option I felt was good and I can achieve easily on weekends with my family. My skills section is gardening which is actually more fun than I’d expected and since this is the section I’m doing for 6 months it means I’ll get to enjoy my garden in the summer more. For volunteering I’m looking to volunteer in some local charity shops and someone got back to me today and arranged a meeting on Saturday which I’m slightly nervous for but all in all everything is turning out pretty good!
- I still play Pokemon Go. Yep, I’m that guy! I got hooked when it first came out and although I don’t leave my bedroom very often (living a really fun reclusive life if any of you were wondering) to go catch pokemon, I do enjoy it whilst I’m out and about! I’m a level sixteen now & I have caught some pretty decent pokemon – I still have a small moment of joy when I see a pikachu! It may be sad, but I’m not giving up on it any time soon! Do any of you still play it or am I alone in this game?
- One of my biggest obsessions (aside from cats!) is makeup. Like you couldn’t have guessed this, I’m a bit of a makeup fanatic. I have a whole dressing table drawer brimming with the stuff, and it never stops growing! I’m thinking of maybe buying the Alex Drawers from ikea in their five set to store some of my makeup in, as I don’t think I’ll ever collect enough to fill the nine drawers but I reckon that five full drawers is pretty achievable!
- I would love to travel when I’m older. The idea of continuing school after college and going on to get a more ‘professional’ job like a doctor or a vet really doesn’t appeal to me. I haven’t actually got a single clue what I would like to do after college, but I’m 99% sure it’s not going to be university. I’d love to travel, and I’m always so inspired by Charlotte from CHARLOTTE J. She’s travelling solo at the moment and I would love to do something like that! The place at the top of my list is Iceland to see the northern lights and go in the lagoons, though I’d also love to go backpacking around Europe and try to visit as many of the cities as I can. The one place I’d really love to go is Italy, because as of this far in my fourteen years I’ve never been!
- Charlotte from CHARLOTTE J
- Harriet from Harriet Day
- Jess from Sunshine and Teacups
- Naomi from Withlovenaomi
- Najida from The Average Gurl
- Jules from Blonde’s Tea
I only have seven nominations for this post, and of course I can understand that blog award posts become slightly tedious – do not worry, I won’t be offended if you don’t post it!