Quick announcement, the name of my blog has changed from I’m A Zalfie Fanatic to Love, Soph. It may still be subject to change, but please tell me your opinions on the new blog name in the comments!
Welcome to 2017! I’m ready for this year and I really want to make it as good for me and hopefully better than 2016. It’s a shame I had to start off my year with History revision, but moving aside from that depressing fact, I’m here today to tell you about my resolutions for 2017.
I know, it may seem shocking that I’m serious about doing these resolutions, but I really am. Hopefully by doing this I’ll make my 2017 a positive and more organised experience for myself.
- Eat Healthy: I’ve got some ideas of healthy meals, most from my pinterest, which I’d like to follow, especially for breakfast and lunch. I’m the biggest culprit for missing breakfast, dying of starvation until lunch and then proceeding to gorge on an easy packet of crisps and chocolate bar I found in my cupboard for lunch. I’m planning on making nice salads and wraps. I don’t know, we’ll see how long this lasts. As you can imagine, this has been the subject of much hilarity in my house this past week or so.
- Exercise: I really don’t exercise enough. I’m not overweight but I feel like if I exercised more often I’d feel a lot healthier as person and I am looking to tone up too, especially for summer (I’m lazy so yes, it will take me half of the year to tone up).
- Drinking more water: I need to quit my drinking of fizzy drinks and sugary things hopefully down to just water. I’ve been drinking a considerably good amount today and I’m hoping for this to make me healthier and also clear up my skin!
- Do my homework the night I get it: I am such a procrastinator, so I’ll always leave my homework until the night before it is due, and then it ends up being really bad! If I do it the night that I get it then the knowledge from my lessons will be fresh in my mind and I can do it better, I hope!
- Waking up early: and hopefully going to bed at a more sensible time than 4am too. My body clock has honestly been ruined by my staying up too late and waking up at 3pm (don’t judge me, my bed is just so comfy). I’m wanting to wake up by 6:30pm on weekdays because usually I’m up at 8:10am, ten minutes before I should go to school. Waking up earlier I hope will make me more tired and I’ll fall asleep before 1am? We can only hope!
- Developing my blog: This year will be the year that my blog flourishes! I’m hoping to have made it to 500 by the end of 2017, if I do I will be so happy. I want to produce quality content for you all, and my new posting schedule will be 6PM (GMT) on Wednesdays and Saturdays. There will be lots of reviews and I have a few exciting posts coming up! I would really like to go self hosted, but I don’t think I know enough about it or about blogging in general to do that just yet.
Now, after my resolutions I always have smaller, less important goals or achievements. This year I would like to read at least ten 19th/20th century novels, so any recommendations of your favourites are welcome! I want to start to save money. Finally, I want to do well in school and record all of my test results so that I can see how I improve.
I hope you’ve all had a fulfilling and busy start to the year. Bring on 2017!