Whatever you call it, Autumn/Fall/The Time When All The Leaves Fall And We All Get Very Excited (a personal fave) is near – infact, it’s the autumn equinnox tomorrow (I don’t really know what that means but I’m telling myself it signifies autumn in all its glory being thrust upon us in a massive heap of leaves..)! Anyway, I figured a good way to start autumn would be to tell you my favourite things about autumn.
- Warm Drinks: Ask me any other time of the year and I’d tell you to leave and shut up, because usually I hate hot drinks (coffee, tea or even hot chocolate) but come autumn I begin to drink hot chocolate like its the best thing since sliced bread, and remain hating tea and coffee. Woo, hot chocolate though!
- Hats & Scarves & Gloves: I cannot wait for it to become socially acceptable for me to begin wearing chunky scarves and little mittens. Every single outfit ever always looks better when you have wooly things wrapped around your neck, fact
- Dark Nights: Summer please leave with your crappy light nights, we don’t want you any more. I’m so excited for it to get darker and darker as I’m walking back from school and it’ll be all cosy! Recently, the nights have been getting darker a little earlier than 10pm and I have been killing myself with autumnal excitment.
- Halloween: Guys halloween and bonfire night and all things wonderfully nice! And then Christmas – is there a better time of year? (The answer to that question is a firm no, the only good time of the year is October-December)
- Fashion: Autumnal fashion literally has my name all over it. I have super skinny lanky legs that don’t look good in shorts, but they look great in jeans and then they aren’t cold either! Big warm jumpers and knitted everything – AND BOOTS! Boots are my only choice of footwear ever for autumn and winter, I don’t know what I would do if boots didn’t exisit!
So, there goes all my favourite things about autumn/fall. I hope you enjoyed this post, sorry it was a little short but I have a massive and exciting post coming on saturday (which may or may not include clothing vomit in the form of a wishlist…)! What is your favourite thing about autumn – I’d love to know, please do leave a comment! (I also need to add in a cover photo, again, sorry)!